"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Girl's Night Out

Friday we had our regular "girl's night out" and went to Sub Zero Ice Cream and to the movie Twilight.  Not a lot of our group could make it, but we had a super time.  I had never been to Sub Zero.  What a cool place!  It's like a space-age Cold Stone.  The kind worker let me snap a few pictures:


You choose the base for your ice cream, the flavor, the mix-in and then they freeze and mix it for you right there with liquid nitrogen.  Very cool.  I had premium cream with amaretto flavor and maraschino cherries.  So delicious.  

Then those of us that pre-bought our movie tickets headed over to the theatre.  
I'm still forming my opinion of the movie.  I think I had unrealistic expectations, but the quality of acting and filming left something to be desired (especially the goofy special effects).  Some people are going to outright hate this flick.  I liked it and want to see it again when it comes out on video, but I don't know that I would highly recommend it.  Still, we had a fantastic time.

4 comments:

Dave and Shatzi said...

It is so cool to watch the liquid nitrogen, isn't it? They did that with our ward this summer when we went to Martin's Cove. I just couldn't get over it!

Brittany said...

I'm debating if I want to see Twilight. Heather saw it and she says I will pick it apart... probably. That ice cream place looks like tons of fun!

Heather said...

I went with some friends to a private showing Friday at midnight. I think it was so much fun because of the energetic atmosphere and being with friends at a midnight show. (Something we haven't done since college.) The movie really wasn't the best quality and definitely not as great as the book, but entertaining anyway. Girl's nights out are the best!

Shannon said...

I'm a little indifferent myself about the movie, but I liked it okay. It was fun to go out for girls night anyway. I'm liking the books much better.