"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Friday, December 19, 2008

Blizzard

I just sent my baby out the door in this:


Okay, it may not look too bad in the photos because the flash stops the snow being blown every which way by the 40 mph wind.  It's like a total white-out out there.  I thought for sure school would be cancelled, but nope.  They're extra tough here in Idaho.  Mason didn't seem to mind too much.  I have to brave the storm myself in about an hour here to take Ellorie to preschool, so wish me luck! 

{So much for my superb shoveling job yesterday.  But in Idaho, you know, shoveling the walk is like shaving... no matter how thoroughly you do it today, you'll be doing it again tomorrow!}

7 comments:

shaina said...

Oh, poor thing! But I think snow is better to walk in than rain.

I cross-stitched a saying once, that said "Cleaning the house while children are growing is like shoveling the walk, while it's still snowing."

Dave and Shatzi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dave and Shatzi said...

I know!!! Dave was hoping the same thing. He got up extra early this morning waiting for a school cancelling phone call. But, no.... I'm secretly glad that he had to go. I need to finish his Christmas present.

Dave and Shatzi said...

(sorry - I am the one who deleted the comment. My mind is not thinking right today....too much Christmas stress, I guess!)

Debbie Murdock said...

I like your shaving/snow analogy...boy isn't that the truth!

Brittany said...

Boy, and I thought we had a lot of snow! Love the analogy!

Shannon said...

What a crazy day in the snow! Good luck driving in it!