"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

One Clue You Live in a Tiny Town:

So I go to the little grocery store in town tonight to grab a few last minute things for the sushi feast tomorrow night.  They have a tiny little Asian section.  Tiny.  With like ten things.  Luckily, they do have sushi rice, a few sauces, and wrappers, though they cost an arm and a leg.  But sometimes, you just gotta bite the bullet.  So I take my selections to the front.


Bagger Girl:  We're just trying to figure out what this is?  Why is it so expensive.  

Me:  Um, they are wraps for sushi and stuff.

Bagger Girl:  Huh, I've never seen those before.  Is it, like, in the refrigerated section or something?

Me:  Uh, no, the Asian section.  By the rice and stuff. 

Bagger Girl:  Ohh.  I see.  So... are YOU, like, part Asian or something?

Me:  Um, no.  [long pause]  We just like sushi.  We're making some for New Year's Eve.

Bagger Girl:  Oh.  Cool.

6 comments:

Brittany said...

Part Asian huh?

Debbie Murdock said...

LOL!!! That gal needs a plane ticket to somewhere...maybe back to earth.

Sharon said...

absolutly NO culture:)

Dave and Shatzi said...

Those are the times when I hate to claim I'm from Idaho. Hope you guys have an awesome New Year. I'm jealous that you have having sushi.

Bryce and Sharee said...

Hilarious!

kelsey alissa said...

hahahahaha i swear i know that girl. wait.. no, i just live in provo.