"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Super Saturday and Hot Springs

Today was our Relief Society Enrichment "Super Saturday".  I signed up for the "exploding" scrapbook box project, and the hair bow class.  It was a blast.  These things always take SO much longer than I expect.  I was there forever, and I still didn't finish my projects.  Good thing I didn't sign up for more.  We had yummy home made bread with orange butter for refreshments.  I just had to take a picture.
  And here are the bows I made.  I was kind of hurrying, and a lot of the cute ribbon was gone by the time I started making mine.  It was fun anyway.  
I can't show you the scrapbook box because it isn't finished, and it's a gift, so I'll post all my crafty Christmas projects after I give them.  Maybe.  But if you are interested, HERE is a link to another blog that show the directions to make an exploding scrapbook box.

So if the day wasn't full and fun enough, tonight our family went swimming at an indoor hot springs place nearby.  It's awesome because there is a large shallow area for the kids to play in.  We met Melissa & Jason + kids and Chad & Hils +kids.  After swimming we had a little picnic dinner.  It was lots of fun.  The kids had so much fun with their cousins.  I think I've gone swimming more this winter than I ever did in the summer.  

Sorry, no pictures.  It was way too humid and foggy inside for cameras.  My glasses kept fogging over while we were eating.  I'm a desert dweller I think.  I don't handle humidity well.  

2 comments:

Dave and Shatzi said...

Your bows turned out great! I am excited to make mine - I hope she pulled out enough cute ribbon for me before it was all gone.

Shannon said...

What fun projects you did, I'll talk to ya soon!