"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

"All I want for my birthday is to ride a black horse."

So this morning we got up, got ready, and headed to the barn where I take lessons.  Lucky for Ellorie I'm watching these two mares while their owners are on vacation for the winter.  One just happens to be black.  Perfect.  They are both very sweet mares.  It was 15 degrees outside, so I told Ellorie she was going to have to be tough.  She did pretty well, but it WAS very cold.  It was a little bit warmer inside the arena.  Just a little bit.  She was not enjoying it very much because she was so cold, but then I took off the saddle and voila.  Bareback was much warmer.  Then she was very happy and excited.  She loved to ride Rose because I rode her a little first and literally warmed her up.  She learned how to make her go in circles using leg pressure.  So cute.  Then we went back out to the pasture and caught Cassie (the black horse).  She was really cold by this point, so it was a shorter ride, but I think she still enjoyed it.  She loved giving each horse a treat, and especially loved the barn cat.

2 comments:

Bryce and Sharee said...

How fun for Ellorie. I think it is great that you two got to go out just the two of you to ride horses!

Dave and Shatzi said...

What a cool experience for Ellorie! I bet she'll remember that more than the birthday party!