"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Ellorie!

Tonight for her birthday dinner Ellorie requested "dumplings".  Yeah, I know.  (okay, her first request was "bacon" but that's not exactly dinner...)  I have never ever made, or possibly even eaten dumplings before.  I'm pretty sure she got it from "Kung Fu Panda".  I thought there was no way on earth the kids would eat them, but they loved them and gobbled them right up.  The chopsticks helped.  They were actually really good.  Thanks Betty Crocker.


Here's a shot of the cake.  I improvised, but it worked out okay.  She loved it.
And of course she loved her bike.  Though it probably was a bit of overkill after the HUGE day she had today.  It was very full and busy, and I am so exhausted, but it was so very worth it.


7 comments:

Bryce and Sharee said...

Happy Birthday Ellorie! Great job on the cake and the dumplings look delicious.

Sharon said...

dumplings... you really are amazing

Dave and Shatzi said...

What a special day for Ellorie. I hope she liked her bike. Too bad its so cold outside.

Hilarie* said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLORIE!!! It looks like you had a fabulous day! Brooklyn loves all your pictures. She has that same bike, and is excited you have matching bikes now!!! Your mom looks like she did a great job making your day wonderful! WE Love you!

Brittany said...

Happy Birthday Ellorie!!

Heather said...

Looks like a fun birthday. You put a ton of effort into it. I wish I had as much energy and great ideas as you do!

shaina said...

Wow. I'm not a dumpling fan, but I think it's cool that you made them for her. I like having them pick out their dinner, too.
Great cake!! What fun.