"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Fun With a Box



This weekend I received my art supply order in the mail.  One of the boxes was really tall and wide and flat with a lot of wasted cardboard.  Mason and Ellorie put it right to use.  They quickly designed these fancy forts, complete with all kinds of security:  Laser scanners, hand scan, retinal scan (they call it an eye scanner), pass code key pad, and, of course, doorbells.  Ellorie's says, "Girls Allowed" and also apparently kittens, and Mason's says, "All Kids Allowed.  For girls and boys."  They have had more fun with this box...  

10 comments:

Bryce and Sharee said...

looks like a lot a art supplies! i love the high tech security!

BrittanyLane said...

IT was actually a big, flat box of mat board. They just unfolded the layers of cardboard.

Dave and Shatzi said...

I love it when kids can play that way. It keeps them entertained for hours and it's good for their imagination. I love the "eye scanner"! Very clever.

Brittany said...

I also love the high-tech security! Boxes are the best! I remember having a cardboard doll house that was so much fun.

Heather said...

Kids don't need toys...all they need is a big cardboard box. Why do we keep buying things for them?

shaina said...

Boxes really are fun to play with@ I wish I could build myself a fort and hide away for a while.

Jenni said...

Very creative! Looks like they take after you.

Hilarie* said...

OOh that is so much FUN! I loved doing that as a kid. That is funny about all the security precautions!!! lol SUPER CUTE!

Debbie Murdock said...

Wow your kids forts are really high tech...do you ever wonder why we just don't get our kids boxes for Christmas instead of toys because I think they get more use out of the boxes than the toys do.

kelsey alissa said...

i miss bein a kid.