"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Little Bookworm

I came into my bedroom yesterday and found Averie in my bed like this:

She loves to read books (and to color in them, but that's another story).  She was reading about frogs, and after I came in the room she climbed out of the covers and started hopping like a frog:

Such a cutie.  She keeps me smiling...

Some of my favorite things she says right now are:
"Hey Mom, watch this!"
"Hewooo Wocket!" (Hello Rocket)
And and enthusiastic, "YAY!" after she does something fantastic (like putting a piece in a puzzle.)
"Elloweee, wheh ahh yooo?  (Ellorie, where are you?)  What are you dooooing?"  
"Color, color, color, pencils, markahs, cwayns, color, color, color!"
She wants to know anyone's name that comes to the house, and knows most of Mason/Ellorie's friends by name. 
She sings little songs all day, most of them made up or combinations of other songs she knows.

I just love this age.

4 comments:

Bryce and Sharee said...

So cute. I can't wait for that stage!

Brittany said...

Braylee loves to sing too. She is learning Winnie the Pooh right now. Averie is adorable.

Brittany said...

Braylee loves to sing too. She is learning Winnie the Pooh right now. Averie is adorable.

Melissa said...

She is such a clever little girl! I still am amazed at how much she talks - such a wide variety of words. What a proud mom you must be.