"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Thursday, February 26, 2009

More Holes

Ever since we moved here I have wanted to have a gallery wall somewhere, mostly to get my paintings off the basement floor.  The floor plan of this house is really open, so there aren't a lot of big walls for hanging things.  I didn't want them above the stairs because everyone would touch them as they went downstairs.  So my options were the kitchen wall, or the bedroom wall.  I finally decided to just bite the bullet and start pounding nails.  

So here is my kitchen wall now.  I hope it's not too over-the-top.  I may change my mind in a few weeks, but for now I'm satisfied to have some of them hanging up.   I don't know though.  Is it weird to have a huge wall with just my own artwork?  It feels a bit conceited.  I wish I had dozens of paintings from OTHER artists that I admire and covet.  Someday...  

6 comments:

Bryce and Sharee said...

Wow. You can't tell from the earlier pictures how small those two pictures on the right really are. Looks great.

jess said...

I think your wall looks delightful. I am always nervous about doing photo collages..yours is amazing.
hey I know i mentioned earlier about if you do paintings for others. I would love a mason jar picture for my brother in law. I need to come over and talk.
p.s. we saw rocket out front the other day. he is sooo cute.

idasale said...

This looks so amazing, your as so talented, and I think with all the hard work you deserve to show it off.

Jeppson Jabber said...

Your wall looks wonderful and I love your paintings. You are so talented and shouldn't be hesitant to show your talents. I like the arrangement of the pictures and all the different frames.

Shannon said...

I love it Brittney. I think it looks great, you do such a good job and your paintings are amazing.

Brittany said...

I like it. My favorites are the trike picture and Ellorie.