"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Monday, February 16, 2009

New Puppy or "Mom is a sucker"





Yup.  Free puppy.  I couldn't help myself.  I know, I know, I'm probably going to hate myself in the morning.  He's so cute though!  Pretty much all he does right now is sleep.  He's so cuddly!!  Averie freaks him out a little bit.  

We had a bit of a struggle choosing a name.  Ellorie really wanted "Rainbow" or "Fuzzy Puppy", Mason was a bit more practical, his vote was "Calvin" (as in Calvin and Hobbs.  He pronounces it, Colvin.)  Ellorie was adamantly opposed.  This went on for some time.  We finally settled on Rocket.  So, meet the newest addition to our house (or at least our garage), Rocket:
(And this is pretty much all he does so far.)
Mason read him a book.  He listened intently, then fell asleep.

12 comments:

Bryce and Sharee said...

Sooo cute! I think it is cool that the dog in the book Mason is reading Rocket appears to be the same kind of dog!

Sharon said...

he's cute, you're the best mom ever!! i probably would have fallen for it too, look at that litle sleeper... may be he'll stay that way?

Sharon said...

oh and PS- i like calvin, that would have been cute

jess said...

rocket is a cutie. how big is he suppose to get???
we will be having a litter of labradoodles in the spring. rocket will have to come over and play.
enjoy puppyhood..:0)

Dave and Shatzi said...

Oh!!! So cute! See....if they would just stay that small and cute, I would probably do the same thing. Your kids are gonna love it!!!

BrittanyLane said...

Mother is a Jack Russell Terrier (?? I know!) Father is supposedly part chow. Who knows what he's going to look like. I guess that's part of the fun of adopting a mut. I would guess much smaller than a lab.

BrittanyLane said...

mutt not mut

carol said...

Oh! He's cute! Puppies are so fun. I just want to snuggle him. And Rocket is a very fun name and once his sleepy stage wears off, I'm sure it will be very fitting too. :)

Jenni said...

What a cute puppy! Your a great mom to get one for your kids.

BrittanyLane said...

I think it was more for me than the kids... ; )

Brittany said...

Just wait..that sleepy stage wears off pretty fast! And then he will become his name. Rocket is one cute puppy.

Andi said...

Oh, that puppy is SOOOOO cute! And green eyes! I would've taken him home too...and I can't even have pets at my place!!!! I like the name Rocket! Hope you're feeling better!