"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Ellorie's Hand Sandwich

"Mom", says Ellorie, "Can we have hand sandwiches for lunch today? Please??"
"What is a hand sandwich?", I ask
"I saw it on tv. You make a sandwich and then cut it into a hand with a cookie cutter.", she explains
"Oh, sure, why not."

Ellorie saw this on PBS this morning and wanted to try it. Cute idea I thought. I have quite a collection of cookie cutters, so she picked out her favorites. She ate the shapes, and I ate the "edges". If you can't tell, they are a strawberry, a bunny, and a hand. I didn't think the chocolate chips went too well with a melted cheese and turkey sandwich, but she thought it was the best thing ever.
And thanks, Mom, for the new "hand" cookie cutter-- It came in "handy" Hahahah (Okay, I know.)

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Very cute idea. I may have to try that - maybe then Ethan would eat!

Camryn said...

You know what? I have never tried this. I should, I know of people who do, but maybe I could get my kids to eat their sandwiches better :)

BTW- Your post on the wheat cereal looks good! I want to try that! I'm up for healthy :)

Brittany said...

Cute sandwiches! Great idea!

Melissa said...

What a fantastic idea! I am definately going to try that tomorrow. Jenna never eats the crusts anyway - so it will be lunch for two.