"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Everything Bagel Bread



My kids love the "everything" onion bagels.  So I adapted my potato bread recipe to be sort of similar.  It turned out really yummy, so I thought I would share:


It's a bread machine recipe, so I just "proof" the yeast, dump in all ingredients:

1 1/2 cups warm water
2 1/2 teaspoons yeast
1 cup wheat flour
3 cups white flour
4 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 cups potato flakes
2 Tb. butter, softened
2 Tb minced onions
1 Tb sesame seeds
2 teaspoons black sesame seeds (for color, I would have used some poppy seeds too, but I was out.)

After the dough is finished I knead it again, shape it and put it in the pan.  I sprinkle more minced onion and sesame seeds on top and cover it to raise for another hour.  Then bake at 350 for 30 minutes.  I covered the top with tin foil the last 10 minutes so the toppings didn't burn.  

4 comments:

Bryce and Sharee said...

It looks so delicious! I will have to try it very soon.

Dave and Shatzi said...

Yum! That's awesome that you are creating your own bread recipes! You are my bread baking inspiration!

Shannon said...

That looks awesome! Thanks for sharing your recipe!

Brittany said...

Looks yummy! My goal, while Derek is in Iraq, is to learn to make bread.