"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Four-Eyes

It was bound to happen eventually, I just didn't expect it this soon.  My baby boy needs glasses.  So sad.  Actually, he is ecstatic.  Ever since we started reading Harry Potter he thinks glasses are ever-so-cool.  Unfortunately, (or fortunately) they didn't have any "Harry Potter" styles that fit his face.  

He had me pick him up directly from school instead of riding the bus because he "just couldn't wait that long".  He was hilarious with the doctor.  He was making the funniest comments like "whoa, that's WAY better!"  "No wait, go up, yeah that one..."  He was very vocal and so grown-up.  It made me smile.  It turns out that his eyes aren't really that bad, but bad enough that we really can't wait to get them.  He is supposed to take off the glasses for reading.  Now lets see how long he can keep them out of Averie's reach and/or keep them from getting lost.  (Man, glasses are expensive!)  He is counting down the days until the chosen pair arrives.  
(I was way too close to him with the camera, I swear they don't look this big on his face in person...)

8 comments:

Bryce and Sharee said...

I think it is so great that Mason is excited for glasses. LOL. And he still looks handsome in his glasses-just like Harry Potter!

Anonymous said...

Have you heard of contacts you wear at night? Kaili used to wear glasses- but now she sleeps with these contacts in, and so she doesn't wear glasses at all! They're supposed to keep the bad eye sight at a minimum and even reverse the damage (so they don't get near as bad as Misti and me- we are completely blind) Umm... yeah.. just thought you might think it's cool :) He looks very grownup with them!
- Kirsa

Dave and Shatzi said...

He really does look very handsome! Your so good to have even noticed. My mom didn't notice anything with me. Finally, the school did a check when I was in 5th grade and I could hardly see anything by that time! I love the black and white pictures, btw.

Shannon said...

so fun to finally catch up on your blog. I love all the posts. I love reading your stuff. Looks life you are a very busy mom! We will miss you this weekend. Talk to ya soon!

Melissa said...

Wow - Mason looks so grown-up in his glasses! Makayla wears glasses too, just the opposite of Mason though. She is supposed to only wear them for reading and close-up work.

Hilarie* said...

Well they sure make him look more grown up. It also makes me see more Brandon in him! What a cute boy!

Brittany said...

He does look a lot more like Brandon...so grown up. I'm glad he's excited.

Debbie Murdock said...

Glasses are so bad nowadays...unlike the coke bottle glasses that were 2 inches thick back in the day. He looks very grown up!