"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Coupon Crazy!

Let me first preface this by saying I am NOT one of those crazy coupon clipping ladies that has 12 newspapers, online ads and deals, alphabetized and color coded coupon holders, etc., etc. I do, however, love a scramin' deal. I mean, who doesn't? My good friend is starting to get into the coupon craze and has found some sensational deals. She is also kind enough to share the deals with me, even though I am too lazy/right brained/unmotivated to find them myself. So we loaded up the kids today (in my fabulous new car that seats 8!) and headed to the store with coupons in tow... I did NOT expect to get such a great deal. I was planning on getting 6 boxes of cereal (which I had $2 off coupons for), a gallon or two of milk, and a dozen eggs. That was the plan. And this was what I actually bought:

38 -that's THIRTY EIGHT- boxes of cereal (All reasonably nutritious, no Fruit Loops or Corn Pops or anything), three free gallons of milk, a free dozen eggs, and two cartons of Lysol wipes. Grand total= $27.37 plus a $5 off my next purchase coupon. So that would be $22.37 if you figure in that.
It would have cost me: $199.37 at regular price.
Seriously. And those are the big boxes of Rice Krispies and Honey Bunches of Oats. The Trail Mix Crunch ended up being .07 cents per box. Yup. The milk was FREE with the Rice Krispies (1.67/box) and the eggs were FREE with the wipes (.49 per). It makes my head spin. What fun! I'd give you the deal info, but we wiped out the last of the cereal here. It's all Albertson's sale + manufacturer's coupons + catalina's (those $5 off coupons they print for you after you buy your groceries.) Amazing.
So, you know, if the world comes to an end any time soon and we're all living off our food storage, come on over for a bowl of cereal. (It's a good thing my kids like powdered milk...)

I think the idea of becoming a crazy coupon lady is growing on me....

4 comments:

shaina said...

I LOVE deals like that!! I'm starting up my coupon-ing too. Way to go!

Dave and Shatzi said...

Thanks for coming with me - that was fun!! It's hard NOT to be excited - I'm wearing Dave out tonight with more cereal talk. =) But, can you blame me?!?

Shannon said...

Yeah, how fun is it to get a great deal. I've been into this lately to and it is sooo exciting!

Jenni said...

Wow, In am amazed! I keep hearing about people getting these great deals! I guess I need to start getting into it.