"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Monday, April 6, 2009

Easter Home Evening

Tonight we had an "Easter" family home evening.  I didn't make it to the store for the eggs yet, so we made some paper eggs to hang on the wall.  The kids were super excited to get out their baskets and the Easter decorations.  Ellorie is the most excited I think.  They each carefully colored a paper egg, and then we read some books about the reason we celebrate Easter.  Averie loves the pictures of the bunnies and ducks, and was just distracting enough to be cute.  She has finally come out of the horrible mood she was in for over a week.  Seriously, I didn't think I could take much more of the shrieking.  It was a great, beautiful, sunny, day.  I'm getting excited for summer.Averie didn't want to pose for the camera.  She just kept looking at her egg.  She colored it all by herself and is very proud of it.  







Earlier in the day Ellorie drew this.  I think it's hilarious.  She asked me as I was doing dishes, "Mom, are baby chicks wussy?"  I had no idea what she was talking about until I saw her "strong" baby chick.  I love the way the dog and cat are looking at him in awe.  (Notice how her dogs now have stubby tails like Rocket.  Very observant.)  

5 comments:

Dave and Shatzi said...

Wow!! Ellorie is quite the artist! She picks up so much detail that my kids never notice. I love the circles Averie drew on her egg. Bria used to draw circles when she was Averie's age. I think it's so cute!!

Brittany said...

Love the eggs! Ellorie is hilarious!!

Debbie Murdock said...

I am so impressed at how well Ellorie can create things. Such a talented girl!

Jesse and Michelle said...

That picture is so funny! Averie is getting so big. Hope it is finally warming up over there!

Shannon said...

I love the baby stud chick. Ellorie rocks!