"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Lots of Good Things!

We've had a great week, and busy too. I haven't been diligent about taking pictures and blogging, so you'll have to settle for an all-over-the-place update...


Wednesday was Tax Day! Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are so happy to have Brandon home again. The first day he came home at dinner time Ellorie looked at him with a funny expression on her face and said, "Dad, what are YOU doing here?" We reminded her that he does indeed live here. We went out to dinner with the office on Wednesday night to the annual "thank you" dinner. Super great food. Not as gourmet as last year, but you can't complain about free steak, giant king crab, and fresh halibut! (and I'm not complaining.) It was great to relax for once.

Brandon took the rest of the week off, so we packed it in. The whole family went to the dentist on Thursday. That was an ordeal. I am always stunned at the price of dental care. And we've been negligent in cleanings/check-ups since moving away from Utah (and consequently dental insurance.) Luckily, no cavities or major problems. Phew! We even got free whitening and the dentist shortened my front tooth that was slightly longer than the other, free of charge. It's always bothered me, and I love it now! (Not that anyone would probably notice, but I do.) Ellorie was very nervous, Mason was an old pro. Averie was horrible, but that's to be expected.
Mason broke his new glasses, but we got them all replaced, no problem.
Also this weekend Brandon has been "building" me a HUGE garden. Huge. He made a perimeter with cinder blocks, built an automatic watering drip system, and is getting dirt/manure/tilling, hopefully this week. It's so exciting I can hardly stand it. It's been three years since I've had a proper garden. This one is a monster, so I hope I can manage it. I'll most likely be calling the parental garden pros a lot this summer... Definitely more posts on this to follow.

And today was a big day for me. I received a call Thursday night from the president of our local art guild. He had just spoken to the judge of the show I entered and she wanted me to call her as soon as possible. It turns out that she is the gallery owner of the Willow Tree gallery/frame shop in Idaho Falls, the nicest one in town. She wanted to set up a time for me to show her my work! My jaw fell to the ground. I was so excited!! I set up a time to meet her at the gallery this morning, and took in a dozen or so of my most recent paintings. She absolutely loves them and wants me to show work regularly in her gallery! She has the gallery booked for the remainder of this calendar year, but she has offered me my OWN show next summer, and possibly a group show in the fall! (Are you KIDDING me? Am I dreaming? Somebody pinch me please, and make me stop grinning ear to ear like an idiot!!) So, needless to say, it was a good day. I didn't expect this AT ALL. I love it when fabulous unexpected things fall into my lap. Wanna hear what made my morning even better... I went over to the guild to look at the show. (I missed the artists reception during all the tax day madness.) I was casually walking around, and then saw one of my paintings with a big ol' honkin' blue ribbon hung on it. I won first place in the show. Awesome! I'm just gushing now. Enough.

Also, we received the invisible fence "training system" for Rocket puppy. We are in the process of installing it so we can begin the training portion. Soon Rocket will have the entire backyard to run free. I'm not completely optimistic that we can manage the training without poor puppy shocking himself at least a couple of times. Poor little guy (hee hee hee). Wish us luck. More posts to follow on this as well.

I probably forgot a bunch of things, but the good news is, this is a blog and I can post more tomorrow... Have a happy weekend!

10 comments:

Sally said...

Never mind the good luck in the email I just sent, just CONGRATULATIONS! So exciting. I love the kite pictures, seriously hilarious pictures. So funny.

Brittany said...

Congrats to you Brittany! I'm so excited for you!! And good luck with the garden.

Melissa said...

And here I thought I was busy . . . Congratulations on your success at the gallery!!! I am so happy for you! Your garden is going to be enormous - I wish I lived closer so I could help you weed. Jason said I need to send you all my seeds as they are not going to get planted here. Have fun!

The Wendt Wagon said...

Wow, what an accomplishment. i have one question for you though. Do you ever slow down? You are amazing. I love reading your blog, and you are so diligent in posting. You are inspiring. I am glad you have your husband back. Have a fun week.

jess said...

Yeah for you. I am going to have to go to the gallery and check it out.
we have been watching the progress of the garden and i am totally jealous.. it looks delightful. all i have to say is if your delicious veggies come up missing..it wasn't me. :0)

idasale said...

Congratulations!!!!! I am so excited for you and the art work you will get to display!! I am very very impressed way to use the talents god gave you! And a garden that is the size of texas to boot. You blow me away! Nice job! Great work!

Dave and Shatzi said...

Your garden looks AWESOME!! I keep admiring it from my window!

That is so exciting about the gallery. Just remember that you were once our neighbor when you are enjoying life among the rich and famous!

Debbie Murdock said...

That garden plot is impressive...makes my little tiny one laughable. CONGRATULATIONS on all the good news regarding your artwork...I always new that you would do great things with your talent!!

Shannon said...

Brittany, how exciting about your own art show! I'm so happy for you. You definitely deserve everything that comes your way, you are an awesome artist! WOW, what a garden, looks like loads of fun! Glad your hubby is done with tax season, Yeah!

Brooklyn said...

CONGRATS!!! That is so exciting to hear. It is awesome to get recognized for your talents, and honey, you got 'em! :D