"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Wit's End


Now I know where this phrase came from.  We have literally exhausted our collective supply of shoes.  


"Just wash them", you say?  Well, easier said than done.  You see, we have a very special kind of mud here.  I don't know what it's made of, but it is very, very sticky, and dries like cement.  I thought if I just waited until it dried I could bang the shoes together and the dirt would just fall off.  Nope.  It's too cold and muddy outside to use the outdoor faucets and I don't want to wash all that heavy mud down the drain, so I'm at a complete loss.  Any suggestions?  Mason may be wearing his bright green Incredible Hulk slippers to school tomorrow.
Oh, and by the way, the "mud hole" the children were playing in just happens to be the exact spot I have  been shoveling the "puppy poo" into.  Nice.  Just thought I would share.

4 comments:

Brittany said...

I definitely won't complain about my messy house now!

Bryce and Sharee said...

LOL. So hilarious and gross at the same time. I guess you wouldn't want to just throw them into the washer? You always just keep buying new shoes!

jess said...

i feel your pain. i am also mopping floors all day it seems from the mud being tracked in by our dog. we haven't been able to get the mud off of a couple of pairs of shoes and have ended up throwing them out. luckily they were old to begin with.
good luck. :0)
jess
p.s. I am going to make bows sometime this month. savannah was seriously sick and contagious all week... so much for bow making>

lipkiss said...

your soil is clay... mmmm maybe you could sculpt something! Messy stuff and slippery too.