"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Belated Birthday Surprises



Averie was delighted to have two surprises in one day.  Every morning when I get her out of bed now she says, "Yay!  Happy Birthday to Averie!"  Well, she actually was a little bit correct yesterday.  She got a big package in the mail from Grandma and Grandpa Allen with a sun hat and sunglasses.  She totally adores them.  Then yesterday before bedtime Papa came through and dropped off a package from Grandma Gina:  a new swimming suit and sandals!  Can we say spoiled rotten?  She was elated.  And now she will ONLY wear her new swimwear.  She likes to point to her sandals and remind me that they are "new shoes".  Such a cutie.  She is so lucky to have such great grandmas!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

8 comments:

Jenni said...

Very cute! It is fun how kids get so excited for their birthday and for weeks after.

I had not talked to Lisa is quite a while, but recently she found me on facebook - so send her a friend request. Her married name is Lisa Teuschner.

Debbie Murdock said...

Very stylin'!! Aren't grandma's just the best thing in the world?!?!

Gina said...

So happy they fit! It is almost as if we grandmas made a plan.. ."you go for the top and I will take care of the bottom" ! Cute stuff!

Sharon said...

she looks so cute! i love the sun glasses, and shoes!

Dave and Shatzi said...

That is soooo cute! She looks so happy too. Bria came home and told me all about her presents yesterday.

Brittany said...

So stinkin' cute! I love that it's all she will wear. I also love Rocket's new house. Brandon's quit the carpenter and I love that it's insulated. I also like coleslaw, so I will have to try your recipe.

Shannon said...

She is sooo cute! I love these pictures of her!

Anna said...

Yup, Averie has got style, and she knows it!!! Too cute. It's okay to be spoiled on you birthday and by grandparents. That's what they are for.