"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Friday, May 29, 2009

Garden Update and a Baby Hopper

The garden is coming along nicely. Almost everything is in. I planted the asparagus starts, artichokes, peppers, and eggplant tonight. We still have to put in the "vines" (pumpkin, cucumber, squash etc.) Probably tomorrow. Look how nicely it's coming up! I'm excited to eat my spinach and lettuce really really soon!!!






And on a related note, Ellorie found a special little friend in the garden area this evening...
Yes, it's a little baby grasshopper (aw, how cute, I know.)

They're baaaaaack... We didn't mind the infestation of grasshoppers too terribly last year because, well, we didn't have anything planted in the yard. I'm a little worried about it this year.

Now, how to convince a five year old that her beloved "pets" are actually noxious garden villians... Hopefully the preying mantises will emerge quickly as well.

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Ellorie is so cute and funny!

Sharon said...

seems to me like your garden is pretty much awesome! ellorie looks like she's on cloud nine, like the world couldn't get any better

Dave and Shatzi said...

AWESOME!! Your garden looks really good. I'm so excited summer is finally here. That baby grasshopper is sooooo cute!!