"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Monday, May 18, 2009

Sunshine, Tulips, and Splashing

Spring has finally come to our neck of the woods. Actually today was more like summer. Maybe we just skipped spring altogether. I'm taking the tulips as a definite sign of spring however. I thought I killed all my grape hyacinths last fall by planting them too early. Many of them came up in the fall and then froze. A few were goners, but most of them came up just fine. I'm excited to eventually have more flowers. I might just go a little bulb crazy this fall...
Today was awesome. At 9:00 it was in the upper 70's and we couldn't resist getting out the little kiddie pool. Rocket was very wary at first, but eventually decided it was alright. Averie was delighted. She kept dumping water on Rocket and then he would shake and get them both wet. Ah the joys of the kiddie pool. I had to drag her in kicking and screaming so she wouldn't fry in the hot sun. We are going to be outside a LOT this summer.

4 comments:

Sally said...

Your flowers are beautiful! I'm jealous!

Dave and Shatzi said...

Your flowers look gorgeous! We planted tulips last fall, but since they get hit so hard with the wind, they are all pretty sad looking now. =( Oh, well! Hopefully we are past the windy season!
Looks like fun - swimming and playing with the puppy. How much better could it get?!?

Debbie Murdock said...

I think your right...Spring somehow got skipped. Flowers look great!

Sharon said...

your flowers look great, i'm thinking the same thing for this fall, i NEED more bulbs!
rocket is getting so big