"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Friday, June 5, 2009

Hawaii- Day One

Safe flight. Long flight, but good. We arrived at 8:03 pm Hawaii time. I didn't take hardly any pictures yesterday. Too much to take in I guess. (This is the view over the Great Salt Lake.)


So I woke up this morning in paradise! We are staying with a very generous friend of Brooke's. It's so warm and pleasantly humid here. The "trade" winds are here right now so there is a perfect light breeze blowing all the time. I love it! We went to this place for breakfast this morning. Long wait, but SO worth it. I was sceptical, but I'm not kidding, the sauce is unbelievably amazing.
Macadamia Nut French Toast. Oh yes, it's really that good. Calories you ask? We don't count those on vacation. Lani Kai Beach- So awesome! I finished a little painting, but I forgot my boards so it's just a little sketch on paper. Too bad. I won't forget again now. Painting here is perfect.


Cool flowers everywhere:


Makapu'u Point:
And much much more to come...

7 comments:

Bryce and Sharee said...

Soooo beautiful! It looks amazing there. Those are interesting flowers...the second one looks like some kind of strange animal. And the food looks...yummmmmy!!

Heather said...

I am jealous! I love Hawaii...can't wait to go back someday. Hope the rest of your trip is wonderful!

Debbie Murdock said...

So awesome that you get to go! It's good to have someone that's local to show you where all the good eats are. I'm trying my best to convince Matt to take me back there again.

Brittany said...

This is making me so excited for my trip in August!!! Glad you are having soooo much fun! Which island are you on?

Melissa said...

Simply amazing! What beautiful pictures (yes - even the food looks beautiful!)You must be having a fantastic time - I am so happy for you!

Anna said...

I love vacations! I can't wait to see more pictures and receive more updates. I hope you are having a fun, safe, and relaxing trip.

Melissa said...

Looks like so much fun!!! Can't wait for some more pictures!!