"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Business Trip Vacation


Brandon had a short-notice business trip to the beautiful Sun Valley this Monday and Tuesday. We all got to tag along and stay in the hotel. Brandon had to work the whole time, but we got a mini vacation. The kids thought the pool in the hotel was the greatest, and also loved watching movies and building forts in the hotel room.

We explored the beautiful towns of Hailey and Ketchum. I was astounded at the traffic. There were so many people in these two tiny towns! Where do they all live? I think many of them were tourists, but most people seemed to be local. We didn't catch any glimpses of Demi, Bruce, or Ashton, but there were lots of ladies that looked very "Demi-ish" Coincidence? Brandon had lunch the first day in Mr. Willis' Diner. It seems to be a very star-struck area.

In Hailey we found a couple of very cool parks (in which we spent a LOT of time), a fantastic smoothie shop that had fresh huckleberry lemonade (YUM!), and several fancy-pants toy stores. Our hotel was in Hailey and we spent much of our time playing there.

We happened to hit an artists market in Ketchum with all kinds of artisans, home made goodies and booths. And we also enjoyed visiting some of the many galleries there. The extremely kind curators were very patient with my small herd of children. We had lunch at this really great Pizza joint. If you're ever in town it's called "Wise Guy Pizza Pie". Really amazing pizza. I wish I would have taken a picture of mine. It had sauce, lots of garlic, spinach, mushrooms, and feta cheese. Mmmm. The kids also loved all the sidewalk art sculptures. It's a fun little town.

8 comments:

Dave and Shatzi said...

I thought you guys were gone. Your house looked so quiet. I asked Bria, but she didn't know anything - go figure! Looks like you had tons of fun. Those are my favorite vacations - short, last minute. I've never been up to Sun Valley before. Looks beautiful!

Sally said...

That sounds like a lot of fun!

The Wendt Wagon said...

I love it when they let the family tag along. We do that too. Although now that we have four kiddos it is a little loud. Oh well who can say no to a very cheap little trip. Even if dad is working the whole time.

jess said...

looks like a ton of fun. it's been a long time since we've been in that area. I love the sidewalk art sculptures. too cute.

Heather said...

I love Sun Valley. Karson lived there for half the year each year while growing up because his dad worked there. Your pics make me want to go back soon!

Sharon said...

sweet mini vacation! it looks like fun, i love the park, i would play there. hey are we ever gonna see eachother this summer, it feels like we're always gone opposite times:)

Brittany said...

I love the Sun Valley area! So pretty. I always loved when my dad had Bank Conventions there and I got to tag along.

Anna said...

What a fun little getaway! I'm glad that the whole family was able to go on the trip. Cute pics!