"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Camping and Hiking



We had a spur-of-the-moment camping and hiking trip this weekend just over the Wyoming border. We went with Brandon's sister, Melissa and her family. Four adults, seven children, and one pup in the crew. It was so beautiful there:
We camped at a little mountain campground with bathrooms, water, lots of trees, and lots of mosquitoes. It was very quiet and peaceful. Yes, even with seven children. We had lots of yummy food and fun.


S'mores anyone?
We spent about the entire day Friday hiking up the mountain. It was almost 6 miles total. The kids were troopers! Even Averie and baby Morgan made the journey. (Though they were carried most of the way.) Rocket was so tired that he kept falling asleep when stopping for short breaks on the way down. Poor pup. Whew!
Here's a little video of a valley we hiked through:
video

There were several beautiful waterfalls on the way up the mountain. The kids all got their feet wet of course. It was amazingly beautiful.

It was a fun, busy, dirty, buggy, beautiful weekend. I'm really glad to be home though, and I'm especially glad for heated running water and flushing toilets.

6 comments:

Dave and Shatzi said...

Wow! What a fun trip - you must be EXHAUSTED!!! I can't believe your kids went on such a long hike! I think our kids would have wimped out half way through. =)

Bryce and Sharee said...

It does look beautiful! And very brave of you guys with little ones. I don't know if I would do that even with Case. I guess I need to be more adventurous. I bet you guys ate well too!

Shannon said...

How fun. It looks beautiful there! We haven't been camping yet, but will be soon!

Darren and Tessa said...

I cant help but be jealous I sure miss being around all of you!

Debbie Murdock said...

We must have been pretty close to you when we were in Island Park. We got eaten alive too!!! Not even bug repellent was working.

Brooklyn said...

Looks like you had an awesome time!