"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Dehydration (The Good Kind)

I got an awesome food dehydrator for Mother's Day, and have just now had a chance to break it out. I got some fruit and yogurt on sale at the grocery store and the experiments were on.

Ellorie's favorite: dried mango (they were gone too fast, no pictures.)


Averie's favorite: yogurt rolls and banana chips. She ate ALL of the yogurt rolls while I was outside watering the flowers. It took about 5 minutes. Little stinker. Apparently she is a fan.
Mason's favorite: dried kiwi and apple slices

I also made dried pear slices, which the kids aren't too fond of, but I love. And yogurt "bites" which were a big hit. Strawberry-banana flavored.
I'm excited to make fruit roll ups, jerky, and homemade yogurt too. Stay tuned...

5 comments:

Bryce and Sharee said...

wow! it all looks delicious. i definitely want a dehydrator some day.

Dave and Shatzi said...

You are an inspiration!! I think Dave had dreams of lots of dried food (especially jerky) when he got me one for Christmas, but we've only used it twice. I guess it's time to pull it out again. Maybe I'll have to get your yogurt roll up recipe. =)

Brittany said...

All of those look so yummy! If I ever get a dehydrater, I would love your yogurt roll up recipe!

Debbie Murdock said...

That must be a stinkin' huge dehydrater! Very cool...and who says kitchen appliances are welcomed as gifts.

Brooklyn said...

Total flashbacks from when I was a little kid! That is awesome and you are truly a renaissance woman!