"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Another Zucchini Recipe

We still had a few zucchini from my mom's garden. I found a recipe that sounded good, but this one was only based on the one I found. It's pretty much my own creation. We loved it! Even Averie ate quite a bit. The pictures aren't really too appetizing, but trust me, it's delicious!
Zucchini Pasta Bake:

2 cups macaroni or other noodles, cooked and drained. Pour into a 9 X 12 pan and set aside. (Use whole wheat noodles for a healthier option.)

Pour into large pan:
1 pound extra lean ground beef cooked and drained.
1 bottle spaghetti sauce of your choice (or make your own if you're up to it...)
1 can cooked, chopped mushrooms
1 can tomato sauce
garlic salt, minced onion, and basil to taste
Put the pan on the stove and bring just to a boil, stirring regularly.

Peel and dice some zucchini, about 5 cups worth. Cook them just barely, either on the stove- bring just to a boil, or microwave 3-4 minutes. Then pour them into the sauce, stir it all together. Pour the sauce over your waiting noodles, and cover with grated mozzarella cheese. Broil until the cheese is melted and bubbly and serve!

From start to finish this takes about a half hour, so it's a perfect quick dinner. We'll definitely be making it again sometime.

2 comments:

Bryce and Sharee said...

Sounds delicious! Bryce thinks he doesn't like anything with zucchini but I think I will be able to convert him with this.

Ariana said...

I actually think the pictures look quite appetizing. I guess I'll have to try it soon!