"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Friday, August 28, 2009

I Think I Must Be Crazy

I didn't feel very well today. I think I have a head cold, or maybe just allergies. Definitely sleep deprivation. Averie had a ton of energy this morning, (you know, after getting up twelve times last night). Naturally I decided to go to the grocery store (because the missionaries were coming for dinner), and bottle strawberry/blueberry jam AND the tomatillos that have been sitting on my counter for three days. Makes sense, right? I'm so exhausted, and yet I can't stop doing projects! I think it's this "nesting" thing that goes along with the pregnancy. I don't know how to stop.

(That, and Averie won't let me have a nap. I think she has given them up. I'm not too pleased. I can talk her into napping maybe twice a week now. Not good.)

Anyway, I found some recipes online for the jam and the tomatillos. I was pretty pleased with how they turned out, though the jam is a little thinner than I would have liked. I had both the strawberries and the blueberries in my freezer from when they were on sale a little while ago. I'm not exactly sure what possessed me to use them today, but there you have it:
We have a bumper crop of tomatillos this year. I love it!


p.s.
This is what Averie did with the new shampoo while I was putting away the groceries.
At least it was just shampoo. I love how it's dripping down her face.


2 comments:

Brittany said...

What a cute stinker! Braylee likes to put make-up in her hair...which is better then in her eyes or mouth I guess. You have amazing energy...I just lay on the couch for hours when I'm tired.

Ariana said...

Blueberry jam sounds awesome. I wish I had has much ambition as you, but I don't, and I'm not even pregnant. I think though that you've inspired me and perhaps I'll finally get some zucchini bread made.