"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Averie's on the Table!!

I've been looking for a kitchen table since we moved here. The "nook" was just not cutting it anymore for our growing family. We love bumping elbows and spilling all drinks at every meal, but asking company to join us at the nook was a little too much to ask...

(Here we are gathered around the "nook" this last February. I usually squish in right there next to Ellorie.)


I wanted a long, somewhat narrow, dark finish, heavy duty table with two long, sturdy benches. Is that too much to ask? Oh, and cheap, don't forget cheap. Well, as it turned out, I couldn't find a set like I had in mind at any price. The benches alone were crazy expensive, and not really what I wanted.

So imagine my surprise when Saturday morning I happened to peek on Craig's list, and just happened to click on this beauty:
I got it for a steal. A lady in IF was moving and didn't have room for it. Solid wood, heavy duty construction, and exactly the dimensions I was hoping to find. I am so excited! And apparently I'm not the only one:

8 comments:

Bryce and Sharee said...

dont you just love craigslist!! i can't get enough of it. its amazing that you found exactly what you wanted and it looks great. oh, and i love your wall collage. the only thing missing is brandon in the pics. lol. i can tell how much he enjoys pictures from the one above. hahaha

Kelsey Alissa Larsen said...

Ohhhh britt it's perfect!!! i love craigslist. you need to find something like ksl for idaho too. those two websites are my FAVORITE!

Patterson Family said...

Craigslist can be the best! Great find! I love how my kids can get just as excited as I do about things like that-so fun.

Sharon said...

wow!! i love it! it's pretty, and big, and awesome

Debbie Murdock said...

Gorgeous! It's amazing what little treasures you can find on craigslist.

Brittany said...

Cute...both the table and kids!

Melissa said...

What a great find!!!!

Anna said...

It is perfect and I'm glad Averie likes it too...just make sure her markers stay far, far away!