"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Monday, September 21, 2009

Cranberry-Wheat Cinnamon Bread


I tweaked a new recipe today and love it! It's a perfect autumn bread, and it smells amazing. Here's what I used.


Cranberry-Wheat Cinnamon Bread (makes one-2 lb. loaf or two- 1 lb. loaves)

1 1/2 cups hot water
2 3/4 teaspoons yeast
4 TB honey
2 TB melted butter
2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup oat bran (or quick oats)
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 Tb dough enhancer
1 1/2 Tb vital wheat gluten

Mix, knead, then add 2/3 cup dried cranberries.

I mixed, kneaded, and baked AS USUAL. 350 degrees for 30 minutes. YUM!

6 comments:

Sharon said...

yum! does Averie like this one because it has cranberries in it?

shaina said...

That sounds delightful. I wonder if you added lemon or orange zest, if it would make it even better. I wish I had some yeast to make it tonight!

Bryce and Sharee said...

i will definitely have to try this one. it looks so good!

Melissa said...

Absolutely delicious!! Can't wait to try it myself!

Patterson Family said...

Ummm that sounds so good-def. going to try it out! Thanks!

Ariana said...

YUM! I'm going to have to try it.