"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Friday, October 2, 2009

Gleaners


Brandon's family lives in an area that has bounteous crops of, well, pretty much everything. There are apples everywhere here this time of year. For free. All you could ever want. They are amazingly delicious. We made and bottled lots and lots of applesauce, and I'm taking home boxes more of apples to dry and bottle and who know what... Fuji and yellow delicious this time.

Mmmmm. I love apples.


This morning we went to a neighbor's orchard to glean some more apples to take home. The kids had a blast. They all agreed that they were the best apples they had EVER tasted.







2 comments:

Shannon said...

Hey Brittany, how are you? Your applesauce looks great, I might have to call and get your recipe. My apples need a pickin and I need to make something with them :0) Love the pictures!

Dave and Shatzi said...

I'm jealous! I wish we could grow things like that here. Your applesauce looks beautiful!