"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Home and Nesting

We're back from Washington and I've been trying to get things back to "normal". We had a really fun and productive trip. The guys didn't get any pictures of the bike trip, so I guess it's all a big mystery... They claim they had a lot of fun though. We did too.

The "nesting" instinct with this pregnancy is getting a bit out of control. (But when have I ever been known to do things in moderation?) Yes, I have been cleaning and organizing a bit more than usual, but the real obsession as of late has been felt. Yes, felt. As in the fabric. I've made bags and bags of felt toys, food, a felt playhouse for Averie (almost finished, I'll post it later), and have various other things in the works. I just can't stop.

On our trip to Washington I sewed the kids some little toys out of felt to keep them occupied in the car. It only took me about 20 minutes to crank one out, so I kept a steady stream of new things heading to the back seat. These are "penguins and puffles" from the Disney website, Club Penguin. Even Averie was entertained. Unfortunately, they are small and many of them have already been lost. These are the ones I could find around the house this morning:


I have also been making a ton of felt food for Christmas for the girls. They don't really look at the blog much lately, so they are probably safe to post. Here are just a few:



Pizza

Strawberry Cream Pie
Pancakes

Bacon, eggs, and toast

Sushi


Dumplings, "Kung Fu Panda" style


Hot dog

Watermelon and kiwi


Hamburger


Sandwich stuff: White and wheat bread, peanut butter, jelly, honey, lunch meat, cheese, lettuce, pickle, tomato, etc. Mix and match:




(Mind you, my sewing machine is still broken, so I have sewn all of these by hand. I told you I was obsessed. I hope they like them, because I do.)

10 comments:

Sally said...

They are adorable! So Cute! What a great idea. I can't believe you are doing it by hand! Get your sewing machine fixed!

Anna said...

These are so cute. The girls will love them. What a great idea for presents and Christmas. You could sell these at boutiques...seriously!

I'm always amazed that you spread your artistic flair into non-traditional mediums. Felt! Who knew?

shaina said...

Wow!!! Very fun and creative.

Dave and Shatzi said...

Those are absolutely adorable!! I can't imagein how many hours that's taken. The girls will love it. I can't wait to see Averie's tent.

Kirsa said...

Oh my gosh! Those are sooo cute!

Bryce and Sharee said...

so so so so cute, britt! i absolutely love them. especially impressive because they are done by hands!

Sharon said...

I LOVE them! I can't even decide which one os my favorite, you're obsessed! (and yu still have like 3 mo. until Christmas)

Melissa said...

I am still astounded by how cute they are! Your imagination and talent know no bounds!!!

jess said...

Amazing.. you gave me a great idea. We are building Savannah a play kitchen for Christmas and these would be an AWESOME addition. Did you have patterns or just work them up on your own??
simply adorable!! love it!

Brittany said...

Those are so cute!