"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Thankful

I feel a little bit guilty for my bad mood and my bad attitude yesterday. I have so many things to be grateful for! Here are ten of them I'm thankful for today:

1. Schwan's Cinnamon ice cream. And the carmel brownie. Seriously good. (And almost worth the price.) And it comes to my door...


2. Three healthy, happy, helpful children. Despite their unavoidable messiness. And one tiny little boy soon to join our family. We're so excited.


3. A very handy, capable, hard working, and helpful husband that know how to fix things, and does so without being asked or nagged. Even when he is sick. Just yesterday he repaired the bathroom towel rack which was pulled down through the dry wall as one or more of our above mentioned children attempted doing pull-ups on the bar. He replaced it with a decorative rail and 4 towel hooks. It looks so nice now!


4. Online bill pay, which saved more than one of my bills from being tardy this week.

5. Helpful friends and neighbors, and especially my wonderful mother for giving me a little bit of perspective when the world comes crashing down for a small moment.
6. A really comfortable bed. So comfortable that at 7 months pregnant I can still sleep in it instead of the couch. A first for my pregnancies.

7. Holidays, even ridiculous ones like Halloween, that provide a good excuse for eating junk food and having senseless fun. Because we all need a little senseless fun every once in a while.

8. Autumn leaves, even though there won't be any in our yard until our trees grow up a bit.


9. HULU.

10. A patient family that allows me to do my crazy arts, crafts, and projects. (Let's be honest, sometimes my messes are a lot bigger than the kids messes.)




2 comments:

Brittany said...

I love the chocolate peanut butter ice cream from Swanns.

Kelsey Alissa Larsen said...

i love this post.