"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Friday, October 2, 2009

Pound Puppies

My mother-in-law had this pattern for making Pound Puppies. I had a bit of nostalgia from the fond memories of playing with them as a kid. Though these don't look EXACTLY like them. (Mostly due to the fabric, and my sub-par sewing skills.) The kids don't even know what a Pound Puppy is though, so it really doesn't matter.



I went to the fabric store with my sister-in-law, Hilarie, and found some fabric that would work. And I guess I went a little crazy making Pound Puppies... I made four of them, one for the new baby too. The fabric is super soft (and a bit tricky to sew). The kids are already in love with them, though they can't have them yet.

They each picked out the color and style they liked best. Mason's is black with white spots, Ellorie's is like a dalmatian, Averie's is "brown" (She's really in to brown right now, I'm not sure why.), and I made the baby's the way I wanted it. I haven't decided when they can have them yet. Maybe birthdays, but probably sooner. It was a really fun, and actually pretty simple project!

10 comments:

Sharon said...

I LOVE them! Seriously, I need the pattern. I think i like Mason's the best

Brittany said...

I love Pound Puppies!!! So Cute!

Shannon said...

Those are all soooo darling! You did a great job on them. How fun!

shaina said...

Totally adorable. I want the pattern too! They look terrific! Good job.

Bryce and Sharee said...

ooohh...i want to make pound puppies too! they are so cute!

Dave and Shatzi said...

You are amazing!! I LOVED pound puppies when I was little.

Sally said...

they look cute and so soft! I am jealous that you were in WA.

idasale said...

I love the pound puppies I actually still have mine from when I was a kid!!! I would ask for the pattern to make some but who am I kidding I can't sew anything so maybe I will have to con you into making some for me with all that free time you have right!!

Kelsey Alissa Larsen said...

ohh and what fond memories they were. so cute. your kids are adorable- i love that they are all so individual instead of just copying each other all the time. i miss you guys.

Ariana said...

I love pound puppies so much that I got my daughter one for Christmas a few years ago and it's one of her favorite animals. Those look pretty great, by-the-way!