"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Friday, November 6, 2009

More Felt, I guess...


I made this yesterday. I've been doing OTHER Christmas crafts the past few weeks that I can't show on the blog for spoiler reasons, but ...

I found my bag o' felt yesterday,
AND
my sewing machine is was fixed and lonely, waiting to be used
AND
the kids were at school
AND
Averie was miraculously asleep
AND
even though I had plenty of other things I should have been doing

one thing led to another...

If you can't tell quite what it is (and believe me, I won't be offended), it's an ark. Noah's ark to be precise, to give to Averie for Christmas. Probably. Now all I need to do is make some cute little people and animals to go inside.

It's an illness, I think. Don't ask me for the pattern. There isn't one, and I don't think I could make it the same way again if I tried. It made it MUCH, much, much faster to have the sewing machine on hand. I still hand-stitched a lot of it, but all the quilting and such was by machine.
And just a side note, my machine runs SOOO much better than it ever has. YAY!


The roof and the door open and close, and have velcro attached. Don't look too closely, there are a lot of mistakes. But it was a fun little creative adventure for a Thursday afternoon.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

i can't wait to see the animals you make, i bet they'll be super cute. i think you may need to get some outside help though, i don't think you'll beable to kick this new addiction

Brittany said...

super cute!

Bryce and Sharee said...

Very cute. I think she will love it. The animals are going to be so fun to make...so many possibilities!!