"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Averie's Card Table Playhouse

I finally finished Averie's Christmas present. I have had it mostly completed since October, but for some reason those last few stitches took months and months. I made the entire thing BY HAND as my sewing machine was broken for over a year. The only thing done by machine was attaching the panels together, and stitching the door together. I can't even begin to estimate how many hours I spent on this. (Seriously! What possesses me sometimes?!?)

I love how it turned out and hope Averie will love it too. The entire thing fits over a standard card table, so it's really not that big. Most of the "accessories" have velcro and are removable. Let me give you a small tour:


Here is the front entry. And quite obviously my first attempt at hand stitching things. (This was before the felt food.) The stitching is a bit sketchy, so don't look too closely...
There is a little bird and some eggs in the birdhouse.






Around to the right of the house is the mailbox and dog house. The dog somewhat resembles Rocket. Somewhat. The mail is removable and quite detailed.


The backyard has a window and a garden. All the vegetables can be harvested
and placed in the basket.



The left side of the house has a big apple tree with apples that can be picked. It also houses a cute little owl.

It was a really fun project in which I shall never repeat. It's nice to be finished with all my Christmas projects! This baby is going to be here before I know it. I feel my energy going out the window by the day...

12 comments:

Bryce and Sharee said...

This is so amazing! Did you get the card table idea somewhere or think it up yourself? The garden reminded me of Discovery Museum....so cute!!! Averie has to love it!

Sally said...

We had a card table house when we were kids and I loved it and it wasn't anything near as cool as this one. It is amazing!

Shannon said...

This is sooo darling! It is even better than you described to me. She will absolutely love it and spend hours enjoying herslef! You are amazing!!! How have you been feeling, sorry I haven't called lately. Hope all is well!

Kirsa said...

Wow. That is incredible. What girl wouldn't absolutely love that?

Jenni said...

That is absolutely adorable! You are amazing.

Jeppson Jabber said...

You are so talented. Did you come up with that on your own? Any little girl would be in heaven. I love all the little details and activities on the house. So cute. It must have taken you hours. You are amazing.

Ariana said...

I'm totally amazed at the projects you do. Wow!

BrittanyLane said...

Thank you for all the kind comments! I got the idea from one I saw on etsy, but the design and details are completely my own.

jess said...

absolutely delightful!!! I love it!! Where do you buy your felt? I've been thinking about making something similar for Savannah.

Dave and Shatzi said...

That is incredible!!! Your kids are lucky to have such a creative mom! I can't even imagine how many hours you put into making that!

lipkiss said...

Like I told you...You really should make patterns & sell them...but then... who would put the time,love & effort into such a project! You are amazing and talented as you always have been, love mom

Brittany said...

This is the cutest thing ever. I wish I was this talented..I would make one for Braylee.