"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A Few More Projects

I've been sewing a little this week. Some of the projects are not necessarily for Christmas, just things that have been waiting in queue for a while.

I finally made a table cloth for the new table. I had the hardest time finding fabric I liked. (The fabric stores in our area leave much to be desired.) I ended up getting it on Black Friday in Utah. I only had to wait 2 1/2 hours to get it cut. Almost worth the wait too...

And for the place mats (not finished yet.) :


I also made some bags for specific Christmas items. We WERE going to do the complete "homemade" Christmas this year, but those darn electronics are too hard to resist. These are little messenger bags to contain "said" electronics. (I tried not to make Mason's too girly.) I'm all about containers. The bags even have extra pockets for the accessories. I hope they like them as much as I do.

Also, a big ol' bag to hold all of the felt food:

Here are some felt cookies I made quite a while ago that never made it on the blog:


And the animals for the ark are coming along two by two. I still have a few more in the works.


Averie' s felt playhouse is almost finished too. She stopped taking naps which has seriously hampered working time. Good thing my kids aren't too snoopy.

Busy, busy, busy...

8 comments:

Bryce and Sharee said...

I like your choice in fabric and those bags are a great idea for...I think I know what electronics. And I love those felt animals! I think the alligators are seriously adorable! You could start a felt business for sure!

Sharon said...

ooh, I love em! you're so crafty!

Brittany said...

I like the alligators too and the monkeys!! Love the bags, so cute.

Dave and Shatzi said...

You are AMAZING!!!! If only I had half of your energy. I guess that's why I drink so much Pepsi these days.

Anna said...

Is there anything you can't do? I am ever-impressed by your well-rounded talents. I also love your choice of fabric.

Anna said...

Is there anything you can't do? I am ever-impressed by your well-rounded talents. I also love your choice of fabric.

carol said...

Totally going to steal your "electronic" case idea. You are amazing!! Your felt cookies look good enough to eat.

Blooming Bloomers said...

Brittney,
Hi my name is Steffani and I am the owner of Blooming Bloomers where we design quality childrens bloomers and dresses. We also carry a line of accessories and childrens bags. We are starting a line of blooming fairies, fairy dolls for children. I was blog surfing and came across your blog and felt animals and toys and I am very interested in carrying your toys in my booths and website. How much does it cost to make them? How long does it take for you to make them? do you have your own patterns? Would you be willing to send me some and we can do a trial run at my next booth in August. I would be willing to sell them for you for a small percentage. Please let me know what you think and check out our blog at Bloomingbloomers.blogspot.com
Thank you,
Steffani N.
Blooming Bloomers
blooming.bloomers@yahoo.com