"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Snowy Day Crafternoon

Ellorie got a jewelry making set from her Grandma Allen for Christmas and has been BEGGING me to let her open it. (The box contains thousands of little beads, so I wasn't about to let her tear into it unsupervised.) It was a cold, snowy day today and Mason was playing with friends, so I let her dig in.

Averie loves to be involved, and beading is not quite at her level, so I opened up a package of pasta and put some tape on the end of a piece of yarn so she could make her own "noodle" necklace. She was DELIGHTED! She very carefully and patiently threaded the whole thing herself and has been wearing it around the house ever since. She proudly showed it to Mason and his friends when they came over.


They had a great time and were occupied for quite a while. I should really do activities like this more often with them...





A side note: I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and everything looks great. I will be induced in precisely two weeks if everything continues normally. (This is to potentially avoid a repeat of Averie's 11 minute urgent delivery as we live approximately 20 minutes from the nearest hospital.) This pregnancy has gone by so quickly! The nursery is ready. I hope I am...

3 comments:

Sally said...

So fun! What a great idea for Averie - I'll have to keep it in mind...

Brittany said...

That is a good idea.... Hope everything goes well with the baby.

Heather said...

I should do crafts with my kids like that. Keira would love it. Good luck with baby. Miss you guys!