"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy 2010!

I had another holiday picture-taking lapse. I think I took 8 pictures. Oh well. We had a wonderful New Year's eve party. Melissa, Jason and kids and Ross, Jana and kids came to party. 10 kids in total! I think everyone had a blast.

It's becoming somewhat of a tradition to cook massive amounts of fried food. It's the only time we break out the fryer. Not healthy, but delicious. I made egg rolls and Brandon made homemade donuts. We had lots and lots of snacks and appetizers as well.
(Even sushi, and yes, it was worth the heart burn.)

The donuts were beautiful, and far too tasty. We're not going to talk about how many I actually ate.

Brandon had lots of excellent helpers.

We talked and cooked and ate and played Rock Band to welcome in the new year. Averie lasted until maybe 9:00, earlier than her normal bedtime.

Ellorie was a trooper and held out until about 11:30ish. Her cousin came up to report that she was in the basement "sleeping in a box". And indeed she was:

Mason made it to midnight (and beyond). He was delighted with the fireworks our neighbors brought us. Such fun!

And of course we have loved the snow today. It's been so pretty and crisp and not too frigid. We just love Idaho.

We hope all of you have a wonderful 2010!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

4 comments:

Hilarie* said...

Man last year was fun and very tasty! Wish we could have been there this year! Glad to see you all had fun! We miss you.. and can't wait to see this new baby!!!

The Wendt Wagon said...

Oh how much fun to play in the snow. My poor children think that snow comes from a machine. I am not joking. We went to San Jose for their Christmas in the park so that my kids could see the snow. It was soap foam that was shot out of a high speed air pump into the air. Play in the real stuff for me!!!

Dave and Shatzi said...

I love the picture of Ellorie in the box. She must have been one tired girl!!!

Melissa said...

It was so much fun to spend New Years with you guys again! The kids had a blast and I am still trying to recoup from the lack of sleep. Excellent food and company - as always!