"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Friday, January 8, 2010

Welcome Baby!

No waiting until Wednesday for this babe. I felt a little "different" all day yesterday. I had a few mild contractions, but nothing crazy. I knew I was dilated to "2" on Tuesday, and was not about to have a repeat of Averie's birth, so we made the decision to go into the hospital last night to be checked. (My awesome neighbors took the kids. They had a very fun sleepover and went to school with them this morning.)

I was already dilated "4" and so there we stayed. It took several hours to reach a "5" and then from there to baby was about an hour! He was born this morning at 1:35 am. It was a virtually perfect delivery. I feel so blessed!

We've decided to name him Rylan Vaughn Allen. He weighed 6 pounds even and he is 19 1/2 inches long. (Exactly the same as Averie!) I can't believe he was two weeks early. It seems a little bit surreal, but I am totally mesmerized by this sweet little boy.

I'm excited for the kids to meet him. More soon....


21 comments:

Crysti said...

Congratulations! He is adorable. Let me know when I can help with the other kids.
Crystal

Darren and Tessa said...

Congrats we are so happy and cant wait to meet him We love you guys!

Bryce and Sharee said...

I'm so excited for you!! He is beautiful and so nice of him to wait for the epidural! LOL. Hope you are all feeling well...can't wait for more pictures!

Bryce and Sharee said...

btw i love the name. it goes very well with all the other kid's names!

Sharon said...

cute, i think i would be in love too! he looks like a good mix, it's hard to choose who he looks the most like, ah! he's so tiny and cute

Sally said...

Congratulations! He is so cute and tiny! He looks like the others.

The Merrell Family said...

Congrats! We're so excited for you and very happy things went well! Take care!!!!

Marie said...

how exciting for all of you. We send our love.
Marie

Brittany said...

Congrats! So happy for you that he was born healthy and that you got to have your epidural! He is adorable and I love the name! (my friend named her little boy Rylan and it's such a cute name)

Ross said...

Congrats! I saw your update on Sally's sidebar and freaked, didn't we just see you?
Let us know if we can help with anything!

Melissa said...

I cannot tell you how excited I am for you! Rylan is so adorable - I cannot wait to meet him in person! The kids were excited to hear that he arrived. I am so glad you are both healthy! Congratulations!! Fantastic pictures!

Heather said...

Congrats! He is adorable. Glad all is well.

Heather said...

Congrats! He is adorable. Glad all is well.

The Merrell Family said...

Congratulations and best wishes - We are so happy for your sweet family - It was exciting to learn that Vaughn will be his second name Grandpa Clegg is very proud of you Britt and your many talents.
Love, Grandma Joyce Clegg

carol said...

Oh my goodness! He is so sweet and darling! Congratulations. I'm so glad you didn't have him in the car! And I love his name. Can't wait to meet him!!

Dave and Shatzi said...

He's adorable. Definitely an Allen! I hope everything is going well. Send your kids over to play soon so you can take a nap. =)

Hilarie* said...

Congrats!!! What a little cutie! We are so excited and happy for you! WE love you!

Jeppson Jabber said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful and I really like his name. I'm glad that the delivery went so smoothly. Enjoy!

Stephanie said...

Congrats! Glad everything went well and it is an adorable name.

Jenni said...

Congratulations! He is perfect and I love his name.

Melissa said...

Cogratulations Brittany! He is so beautiful!!!!