"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Jazz Game Utah Trip

Brandon took Mason and Ellorie to the Jazz game this weekend for the annual Junior Jazz night. They drove down with a friend of Brandon's and then met Melissa, Jason and family there. I am really glad he got to spend some time with the kids. They had a blast.


I probably could have gone, but I opted for the "quiet" Saturday at home with the babies.
I guess Averie isn't really a baby anymore. Nor is she quiet. But you know what I mean.

Rylan and Averie are both feeling much better after being really sick with RSV (I'm assuming). I had a really relaxing nice day. Did a little shopping, got caught up on a few things (i.e. laundry), got all the stuff to sprout my garden seeds, picked up the produce co-op, put the kids to bed early, watched a movie by myself, good stuff. I love alone time occasionally.

I tried to get Brandon to blog his travels, but he is a man of few words. So here is what I summarized from the trip. At least he took some good pictures.

They stopped at Clark's Planetarium:

Mason and Ellorie are trying to lift a heavy iron meteorite.


Temple Square and the Conference Center:

They also went to a sporting goods place to get soccer shoes for Ellorie, visited some friends, and went to lunch.



And speaking of lunch...



what I am about to show you I do not condone in any way...



But Brandon insisted that is was the "highlight" of the trip {Insert gagging noises here}



They apparently went to Inn & Out Burger for lunch.



I am not a fan of fast food to say the least, but this is downright disgusting.



Okay, I warned you:





It's called a 3 by 4 "animal style" burger with fries.



Gross. I can't believe he ate that.



He claims it was good.


I'm going to leave it at that.


Anyway, here is a shot from the game. As you can see the seats are kinda up in the nosebleed section, but the kids love having a better view of the "giant tv", and being able to play with their cousins. The game is purely background noise.



They got home at 1:30 in the morning, but I think it was worth it. They all had a super time.

5 comments:

Patterson Family said...

So fun! I'm with you though as far as the animal style burger goes...I ate one once on a road trip, got sick 20 miles down the road and have never had the desire for another In n'out since. Congrats on your new baby-my grandma told me all about his blessing and how happy she was that she got to be there for his big day! I wish we weren't so far away from all you guys, but I am excited for Rylan to be in the fam!

The Wendt Wagon said...

I am going to have to side with Brandon. Living in Cali there are in and outs everywhere. I live literally right next door to one. We do not go there a lot, but when we do it is very YUMMO!!!

Jesse and Michelle said...

In-n-Out is the best fast food place! Everything is fresh. You should give it a try. You don't have to get such a big burger!

carol said...

I think you forgot the other highlight of the trip though! I've been laughing all day about Mason tossing his cookies up to the brim of the sippy cup. Classic.

BrittanyLane said...

Haha. Yeah, guess I should have included that. I didn't get all the details about when and where the ralphing occurred. I'm assuming it was after the hamburgers, hotdogs, popcorn, cotton candy, soda, and candy, and slightly before falling asleep in the car on the way home. Poor Mason. Impressive that he didn't spill a drop though.