"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Monday, March 1, 2010

Monday, Monday

I had a lot to do today. A big ol' to-do list was sitting on the counter. I didn't get much of it done, but we had a nice day anyway. I spent a lot more one-on-one time with the kids than I usually get to.

Mason was sick this weekend and I made him stay home from school for one more day because of his cough, but he didn't feel sick enough to stay in bed all day. We decided to get his Cub Scouts "Space Derby" rocket started since the derby is in a little over a week. Brandon helped him glue the wood together yesterday, and today we did
the creation of the rocket.

Wow. I didn't realize how much goes into these things. The instructions are not exactly written for kids. It's more like a project for the parents, which during tax season happens to be me. Mason helped as much as he could, but it was pretty hard for him, and he was quickly bored with the sanding and sanding and sanding. He's excited to decorate it tomorrow after the paint is all dry. It's not quite finished, but I think it turned out pretty nice. (If I do say so myself.)

Ellorie and Averie were thrilled to have Mason home to play. I was a "mean" mom and made them turn off all the games and movies so they could spend more time playing together. We did a lot of reading and coloring too. Ellorie drew this darling picture for her friend today:

I love it.

Tonight for family night we went to the library and got new books for everyone. We're not supposed to use the library, technically speaking, because we no longer live in the "big city". But I still have the card, and it appears to work.
So don't rat me out... we really enjoy our illegally obtained library books.

Ellorie got a bunch of American Girl books and listened to audio books on the computers there, Mason found several hilarious Geronimo Stilton books, and Averie enjoyed harassing the goldfish in the pond. Rylan had a little nap in the carrier while I chased children around the library with all of the above in tow. Minus the goldfish. Good times. I didn't find myself any books this trip,
but who has time to read anyway?

Guess the to-do list is still there
on the counter waiting for me.

Tomorrow.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

i had the same kind og day, though way less productive, i basically played with jayne, and then watched a show with darick, pretty lazy, but enjoyable

Dave and Shatzi said...

I wish I could say I have occasional days like that, but they seem to be more often than not. I pretty much quit making to-do lists so my accomplishment self-esteem would stay high. =)
Bria loved the picture, by the way. She kept saying all night "I just love Ellorie. She is my bestest friend." Ellorie definitely takes after her mom in the art department. She has some pretty mean art skills.

The Wendt Wagon said...

I love days at home. They do not happen enough. What a good mama to make them have the TV off. It is way tempting because they sit quieter, but it is so fun to watch them play all together. I can't wait to see the finished space derby rocket. So much fun!