"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Where's Ellorie?


"ELLORIE!"




"Ellorie, WHERE ARE YOU?"




"The bus is coming right now!"




"MOM! I'm right HERE!"




Oh. My mistake. Guess I need to fold the laundry.






Would this be considered "airing my dirty laundry" in public? Actually I guess it's clean laundry, so it must be alright.

We're have laundry dilemmas around here. Yesterday I washed and dried a huge load of school clothes with several crayons. My fault. I didn't check the pockets. Since when does Mason carry around crayons in his pockets anyway? Last week it was marker all over Ellorie's new shirt. Chapstick is also a repeat offender. And chocolate. I can never get out chocolate.

Any advice for getting crayon out of ALL of Mason's school pants and most of his nice shirts? A few other things were destroyed as well, but the new pants are the ones I'm sad about. Several of them have only been worn once or twice. Oh well. Live and learn.

I'm buying some goo gone today. If I can find it.

I've been out for quite some time, and the stuff has saved my bacon more than once. It takes crayon off of walls, melted candles out of tile floor grout, motor oil out of dress pants, gum off of couches and hair, stickers off of wooden furniture, and much more. I know all of these from personal experience. And we're fresh out of the stuff. I'm hoping it also takes crayon out of clothes.

On the bright side of things, the laundry was mostly dark in color, and Mason has no qualms at all wearing semi-stained/dirty clothes.

On a completely different note I LOVE that it has been so warm and beautiful and springish. Maybe with the coming of spring I will have other, more exciting things to blog about besides my boring laundry dilemmas. Maybe.

I did make some really yummy bread yesterday. Click HERE if you want to read about that.

5 comments:

Darren and Tessa said...

I got candle wax out of some clothes by ironing it out, I put a rag over the ruined part and ironed and it came out Im not sure if crayons would come out the same way or not.

Dave and Shatzi said...

I had no idea that goo gone could do all that! We have a bottle over here, too. I'll have to give it a try - sounds like it will completely change my life!

jess said...

they sell goo-gone at abbotts in rigby!! it's great stuff.

Hilarie* said...

I have ironed on crayon for quiet books with a paper bag. The wax comes off.. but the color stays. So I'm not sure. But you could try with a rag like Tessa suggested on an hiding place.. and see what happens!

Marie said...

i think that you take a paper bag and put over it and iron it. The dry cleaners has a solution to put on it to get out the color, I think. They gave me some in a small bottle