"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Saturday, April 17, 2010

What would you do?

I had a ton of broccoli from the food co-op today. I whipped up a huge vat of broccoli cheese soup for the masses. Mmmm. It smelled so tasty, and everyone was starving and ready to dig in. I went to dish up the first bowl and discovered this:

Pepper?

no, didn't put in the pepper yet.

Uh...


Bugs?

yup. Lots of 'em. Maybe 30.

I'm assuming they are from the organic broccoli.

It's like two gallons of soup. Such a waste.

Everyone is starving, whining, crying for dinner.

Maybe if I just....

No.

It might not be so bad if I just...

No. That's so gross.

Call me a spoiled, wasteful American, but...

Would you eat it?

I know I probably eat little bugs like that all the time without knowing, but...

I can't.

Such a waste.

Looks like we're having breakfast for dinner.

6 comments:

Sharon said...

I would do the same thing...bug soup isn't my favorite:)

Debbie Murdock said...

One bug I would justify eating it but multiple bugs...breakfast sounds great!

Dave and Shatzi said...

Ummmm. Yeah. I would have thrown it out too. I'll make sure and wash my broccoli really good. =)

Kelsey Alissa Larsen said...

I'm a Clegg, so...

Kris, however, would KILL me if I served that--so I'd chuck it. Sucks. :( I went the cheap route this week and didn't do organic. No bugs for me!

carol said...

OH NO! I just put on your soap giveaway that the kids spreading packing peanuts was my favorite blog post. But then I read this. You are such a great writer! I was totally laughing. "If I just..." I was right with you on your thought process, and totally thinking the same thing. But you were right to throw it out. Heartbreaking, but right. :)

Anna said...

I could justify one bug....maybe. But many bugs: No way! I hate wasting food, but you can't put a price on your family's health.