"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Monday, May 3, 2010

Last Swimming Lesson

Saturday was Mason's last lesson for this spring. I wanted to get him in again for summer, but they don't do Saturdays again until Fall, and I am NOT wrestling 4 kids all by myself there ever again. I hope he learned enough to get him through summer.

The first part of the lesson they combined with the other class for a safety demonstration. Looked like fun.


Then it was over to the deep pool for some serious swimming. Mason lacks the endurance to swim all the way across still. He needs to learn how to breathe. But he does a great job for 5 to 6 strokes, then grabs onto the side for a quick breath. I'm impressed that he has learned so much in such a short time. Last year he was still using the floaties to swim at the end of lessons.

The last thing they practiced was "race starts" or diving into the pool for a race. (I have no idea what it's called. I suppose I should do some research.)


It was somewhat of a belly flop, but he did a lot better than the other kids from what I could surmise. I think we still need a bit of practice on this one. He loved it though.

He's worked really hard the last few weeks. I'm so proud of him. Go Mason!

No comments: