"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Monday, May 17, 2010

Semi-Productive Weekend

The last two weekends Brandon and Jason (bro. in-law) have been framing the basement.


Hooray!

We weren't really planning on finishing the basement yet, but I'm very excited to have some room to spread out and organize. And maybe have an office and an art studio.

It's been amazing to see what two handy men can accomplish in two days of work. The whole basement is nearly framed! Just a few small spots to go. Here are some shots, though I doubt anyone can really tell what is going on in these pictures.

Saturday I also did a different kind of framing and got three paintings ready for a show I have at the museum next week. I hate framing. BLAH. But I eventually got them finished and delivered despite many, many interruptions.



Can you tell my heart's just not in the painting groove right at the moment? Sad. I've been so busy with everything. I really want to start painting again more. I have a painting trip in June to motivate me... We'll see. I think this show is going to be really nice though. It hangs at the The Art Museum of Eastern Idaho downtown until the first week in July. (Just a small plug.)


Saturday Melissa and I also took the kids to a little park to get out all that excess energy. It was a beautiful day and I think everyone enjoyed the sunshine and fresh air. Thank goodness for the occasional beautiful day. I was beginning to have my doubts about this place.

I have a feeling we're going to be spending a lot of time at parks and playgrounds this summer. The kids had a blast.

6 comments:

Sally said...

The framing is great (all of it). I really like the middle painting!

Bryce and Sharee said...

Looks like a fun park. Cool slide. That's exciting that you guys are finishing your basement; I'm sure you'll love the extra space. Congrats on another show! That must be awesome to have that opportunity!

carol said...

1. Your paintings are awesome! I think I will take a day to visit them in the museum.
2. Um...is that a playhouse framed under the stairs? it looks like a window. color me so so so so jealous.:)
3. Where is that park? It looks so fun. Mountain climbing to a slide? I need to go there. Well, my kids need to go there, so I get to take them. Kind of how it works, right?

The Wendt Wagon said...

I hope Rylan is doing better. I am sure you have gotten lots of feedback, but from a mama of an allergy boy it is corn that makes his exzema flare up. I don't know if you have a whole foods near you, but they have a great lotion that I use on Marix every day. It is by Natures Gate, and is called Colloidal (sp) oatmeal lotion. It is super gentle, but not too greasy. I hope he is doing better.

Anna said...

Cool! I love it when a weekend is ultra-productive.

Can you take close-ups of the paintings you finished? I'd like to see more of the details---even though they look great from a distance.

BrittanyLane said...

Anna - Yes, the detailed images are on my art blog: www.brittanylaneartwork.blogspot.com

Chantelle- Thanks! I'm going to go buy some and try it. We went to the doctor today for some antibiotics. It's infected. Yuck. Poor baby.

Carol- It's right in town by the fair grounds. Lets take the kids this week!