"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Enough


Averie- "Mom, I think I have enough lotion now, okay?"

Uh, yeah, okay Averie.





We're struggling with being three years old this week.
We've has a few sleepless nights,
a few minor tantrums,
a few major breakdowns,
some negative acting out,
some kicking and screaming,

And that's just me...

Kidding.

But not really.

She screamed for about 6 hours last night while the rest of the world was sleeping.

Except me.
I never get to sleep.
I'm not complaining, I'm just saying...

Averie is having a hard time adjusting to summer break. Namely sharing Mom's attention with her siblings. (I think this is called third child syndrome?) And she's recovering from a little cold, which doesn't help. Poor babe. We just have to give her plenty of one-on-one and positive attention, and make sure she gets naps.

To be honest, it doesn't really help, but it makes me feel better about it. I had to hold down her arms and legs while rocking her to sleep this afternoon to get her to have a much needed nap. She screamed for about fifteen minutes, then finally gave up. She was so very tired. It was awesome to have a couple hours of non-screaming to regroup.

We sure love her!

I just have to remember that it's a stage. Ellorie and Mason both went through similar stages. Patience, patience, patience.

3 comments:

carol said...

Haha, "and that's just me." Hilarious. Sometimes I wish it could be me. What would they do? If all of the sudden the mom laid on the ground and started screaming and rolling around? haha. i might try that today as we have a three year old dealing with the same stage. I'll let ya know how it goes. Should be good times.

idasale said...

I can't stand the age of three!!! And I have had three of them in the last three years!! It seems to be the hardest age there is so far! I can't figure it out just yet but I have to do the same thing with Bria so she will take a nap sometimes and the tantrums just seem to be getting worse the closer to three we get! Good luck with your patience....but remember "if someone prays for patience to do you think god just gives them patience or a situation in which to be patient?!" AKA I never pray for patience any more:)

Amanda said...

thanks for reminding me to be more patient. my first turns three in july and i can already tell that i'm in for a wild ride! i just need to learn to be more patient.