"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Garden Update

I didn't post any pictures of my garden starts before I took them outside to "harden them off". They got a little bit beat up in the wind, but I think most of them are going to survive. Keep your fingers crossed.


They were getting HUGE inside. It was a bad combination of starting them a little early, and spring being about a month late. We actually had cucumbers and pumpkins on the vine indoors. Not good.

Yesterday Brandon took part of the day off, and we planted, weeded, and worked in the garden and yard for most of the day. I got sunburned, and the inside of the house was trashed by the children while we worked outside, but I'm glad it's all planted.


We planted 30 tomato plants. Hopefully half of them will survive. We live in a rough place for gardening.

We have pumpkins, butternut squash, acorn squash, crookneck squash, cucumbers, tomatillos, artichokes, eggplant, peppers, and zucchini.


I also planted the beans today, so everything is in now!





The cooler weather plants are coming along beautifully.

Clockwise from the top: Spinach, Onions, Lettuce, Peas, Beets, and Potatoes. There are a lot more, but these are the ones that are the most photogenic at the moment.

I'm so excited to eat my little green pretties. [Insert evil laugh]

Hooray for gardens!

3 comments:

carol said...

*drool*

Anna said...

I concur: Hooray for gardens.

I planted 15 tomato plants in my parents' backyard one year--not realizing the potential yield. To my dismay, all of the plants lived. We had hundreds of tomatoes at any given time that summer and fall. It was awesome and overwhelming.

Happy gardening.

Melissa said...

Congratulations! That is quite an accomplishment! Eggplant, hmmm, I would love to hear how it does. Very tempting . . . next year perhaps.