"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Monday, July 19, 2010

Water Slide

We had a really fun weekend, and I only took a couple of pictures in total. Sometimes I guess I even need a break from the camera.


Thursday I drove up to Girl's Camp for a few hours and led the group on a nature hike. Sometimes I just have to share my wealth of useless knowledge. Though I've forgotten a goodly amount over the years.

In a former lifetime (aka, my youth), I was a bit of a nature geek. I knew the name of each and every flower, plant, and tree. I could identify the scat of over a dozen wildlife creatures, and would ride through the mountains on the back of a horse for hundreds of miles each summer.

Really.

It was lovely to get out in nature for a bit, though I was toting baby Rylan in the backpack for the entire walk. He wasn't quite as fond of nature as I was.

I hurried back from camp to pick up the kids and head out to Brandon's annual summer work party. We had a fantastic meal and then swimming. Well, Rylan and I didn't swim, but Brandon and the kids had a blast. I only got pictures of the water slide. Even Averie loved it.






Saturday afternoon my Aunt Heather/Uncle Ken called me and said they were in town with the kids. We met their family for dinner, played on a giant tree swing, and then they came over for a bit. They joined us for breakfast and church on Sunday. It was very short, but fun to see them. We love company! So if you are ever in the neighborhood, feel free to give us a ring.

No comments: