"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Monday, August 23, 2010

Blendy Blendy

We purchased a Vitamix for our 11th anniversary last week.

The 11th anniversary is traditionally the year of the blender, didn't you know?

(Not really, I jest.)

You may think this is an unusual choice of a gift for celebrating 11 years of wedded bliss, but let me assure you, this is no ordinary blender. It is an all purpose blending machine with a motor that race car enthusiasts drool over. This baby goes 0-250 mph in one second flat. No kidding! It can boil cold water in 7 minutes. It can turn regular sugar to powdered sugar in seconds. It can grind wheat. It grinds all the gritty tough skins, seeds, and bulk into a smooth-as-silk puree. It can make ice cubed into fluffy snow. It blends, chops, minces, processes, purees, and folds the laundry. I've wanted one for ten years, and now, my wait is over.

We may or may not have taken the blending to an unhealthy, no let's say healthy, extreme in the last three days. And when I say "WE" I really do mean it. The whole family is on the Vitamix wagon. Brandon has used it as much as I have. The kids pour over the cookbook and beg for all the blendy recipes with the pretty pictures. Even Rylan is loving the baby food.

So far we have made the following. (Let me reiterate, we have used the thing for 3 days.):

Avocado Tortilla Soup (Hot soup in 4 minutes from scratch.)


- Strawberry Sorbet

- Strawberry Banana Smoothies

- Pear and Banana baby food


- Green smoothies, multiple times (No more chunks of kale - Hooray!)


- Harvest Cheddar Soup (Made with apples, carrots, celery, potatoes, onions, and cheese)



-Cheesy Jalapeno Alfredo sauce (To eat on green beans and to dip chips.)

Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins (wheat was ground and batter was made in the blender.)



Baked Macaroni and Cheese, and the bread crumb topping. (Everything but the noodles made in the machine.)




- Chocolate Ice Cream/Shakes


- Peanut Butter, made just from peanuts


I probably forgot some.

Yeah, we're obsessed.

But we're having a criminal amount of fun.


7 comments:

Sharon said...

holy smokes! i can't wait to see what else that baby can do! lucky!!

Brittany said...

Now I want one!

Darren and Tessa said...

Wow my mom has had one of those for years and she always told me how great it was but I never knew it could do all that!!

Anna said...

Wow, I never knew that a blender could be so versatile. It looks like a great investment. I've only been married for two years---but you can bet I won't wait until my 11th anniversary to buy one!

Happy anniversary! I cannot believe it has been over a decade for you guys. Time flies!!!

Sally said...

I LOVE mine and we still use it 2 years later, but you've re-inspired me to try some new things!

Kelsey Alissa Larsen said...

i dont get how that much food can be created in three days. i just don't get it. :)

BrittanyLane said...

Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks, Dinner X 3.