"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Friday, August 6, 2010

Putt Putt

We have a little 18 hole putting course nearby. It's not exactly miniature golf. No ferris wheels or statues with ramps or rotating doors etc. Just a putting course. With marginally maintained greens. But it was actually quite fun.


I'm no golfer, and I mean I'm REALLY no golfer, but I can see the draw. It is so peaceful and relaxing to be walking around on the cool grass on a hot day. It was a perfect evening. We'll have to make it a habit to go more often.


You might notice that we are short a child in these pictures. Ellorie got to spend an entire week with her grandma. All by herself. Mason and Averie (and even Rylan) have been incredibly bored. Ellorie is the entertainment and the imagination around here. It's been really quiet without her. I'm sure I'll have lots of pictures from my mom to share her adventures soon.

But back to the golfing...

Averie was pleased as punch that she could participate. She had her very own pink golf ball and her very own putter that was just her size. She averaged about 30 strokes per 1 par hole. It was hilarious. To her credit though, she usually kept it on the green.


Which is more than I can say for myself...


(This is MY ball in the rough. The really, really, REALLY rough.) Did I mention that I'm not a golfer?



Mason did a pretty good job. He kept trying to do a "full swing" with the putter, which is not good. But I remember doing the same thing as a kid. I practically lived at Trafalga playing mini-golf for a couple years of my childhood. (Though apparently none of those skills carried over.) Mason absolutely loved it though.


Rylan hung out in his car seat the entire time, and was thoroughly entertained. Couldn't have been better.


Brandon is a good sport. His putting skills are far superior to any of ours, but he was very patiently trying to teach me how to putt. I did okay by the end. And by "okay" I mean I was not needing a pitching wedge for the last few holes.


It was a great family activity! I highly recommend it to anyone in the area.


3 comments:

Sharee said...

Looks fun. I love cool summer evenings too.

Jana said...

looks like lots of fun, where is it?

carol said...

Fantastic! Is this at Jefferson Hills? Looks like fun, what a great idea!