"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Annual SRPAP Art Show

We had a very busy week.  Brandon went to Washington for most of the week on an awesome kayaking trip.  (Post and pictures to follow shortly.)  I held down the fort with all the kiddos, but I also had a horrible cold for a couple days while simultaneously getting ready for my big annual art show with the Snake River Plein Air Painters.  It's remarkable how much extra time everything takes with a baby.
My mother rocks.  No really, she does!  She came and helped me all weekend with the kids so I could go to my art shows and get everything done.  I couldn't have done it without her.  It was SO nice.  Thank you, thank you, thank you mom!


Thursday I had a little art show in St. Anthony.  I was feeling so sick that night, I just went to bed instead.  Friday morning I felt much, much better.  I was excited to find out that the St. Anthony show was extended another evening.  

My Mom came on Friday to help me out.  She watched all the kids while I went to hang my Iona show.  After I picked the older kids up from school, and we went to the St. Anthony gallery.  This is the only shot I managed to get.  All three of the paintings on the wall there are mine.  


It's kind of a run down part of "town".  I've never been to St. Anthony before.  The curator and her husband are trying to build the art community and interest there.  I love it when people are passionate about art and are trying to promote great things, despite a terrible economy.  


We had to hurry back home that night so I could get to my show in Iona.  I was late, but not too terribly. I've found that with my fourth child came a great tendency to be late to everything.  I'm accepting that.  Working on it, but not beating myself up.  I also no longer judge flaky people that have a hard time getting places on time or at all.  (I may or may not be one of them now.)

I had a great time at the show.  I had 8 paintings hanging on the wall, and another 12 unframed for sale in a crate.  There were 11 artists represented this year.  I think it was the best show ever for this group.  It was a lot of fun to see them all together.

Here's my little display "station".
(Right near the EXIT sign in case of emergency.)

Rylan was a great helper.  No, no he wasn't.  But he was cute.
This is the building.  It's a great old rock church building that
has been converted into a gallery space.  
Thanks again to everyone that came out to the show!  If you weren't able to sneak away, I posted a little slide show of all of my paintings that were in the show HERE on my art blog.

1 comment:

wienerhoneymooners said...

Wow.. Go get some rest, you deserve it!

All your work is great.

I love the pencils in the cup... my personal fave for now.